DR. (BRIG) T. PRABHAKAR, V.S.M.
MBBS, MD, PDCC (Neuro Anaesthesia), FICA Ex President, ISA (National) Chairman Education Committee, ISA (National)
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Saifai ‐ 206130
- Passed MBBS from Andhra Medical College, Vishakhapatnam in 1971.
- Joined Armed Forces medical services in 1972.
- Did MD in Anaesthesia from Pune University.
- Did Super Specialization in Neuro‐Anaesthesia from All India Institute of Medical
Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Has 32 Yrs of Teaching Experience.
- Served as Director of UP University of Medical Sciences Saifai Eatwah. From 2006
- Retired from Army Medical services as Deputy Director General Armed Forces Medical
Services in 2006.
- Was Professor of Anaesthesia, Pune, Delhi & Kanpur Universities and professor of
Anaesthesia at Era's Lucknow Medical College, Lucknow.
- Ex Principal, Dean, Chief Medical Superintendent & Professor of anaesthesia at Era's
Lucknow Medical College Lucknow from 2011 to 2014
- Again taken over as Director UP UPUMS SAIFAI in Aug 2014.
Has more than 70 publications in various journals.
- Examiner for MD, DA, Diplomate National Board (DNB) & DM (Neuro ‐Anaesthesia) for
various Universities including All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- MCI Inspector for Post Graduate recognition & also on National Board.
- Was awarded Vishist Sewa Medal (VSM) by the President of India in Year 2000 for
his distinguished services for saving lives and limbs of Ghaisal Train Accident
- Was adjudged outstanding Anesthesiologist of the Year 1996 by the Association of
Surgeons of India.